Reports to: Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager
This position assists the Project Managers and Superintendents as needed while trying to improve processes and take the initiative to provide as much support as possible.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safety – Ensure the projects are always operating in a safe manner. Be proactive to avoid any unsafe conditions to prevent accidents from happening.
- Estimates – Accurately record take off quantities and insert them into our master estimates.
- Review shop drawings and submittals. Ensure they meet architectural drawings and specifications with a cover sheet to identify the specification section and post them on Procore.
- Keep all drawings and specifications up to date and posted on Procore for subcontractors and all parties involved, including sketches, RFI’s, etc.
- Schedules – Develop a 6 to 8 week look ahead schedule that can be refined and broken out in the Superintendents schedule. Assist the Superintendents with their 3 to 4 week look ahead schedule.
- Keep subcontractors on track and on time – reach out to subcontractors to make them aware of when they need to be onsite and confirming their delivery timeframes for materials.
- Quality Control – Develop punch lists prior to subcontractors completing their work and leave the project to ensure the work is per drawings and specifications and done in a good workmanship manner.
- Continuous communication with subcontractors, superintendents regarding schedules as well as any critical issues that need to be resolved.
- To maintain a positive attitude, bringing the team closer together to accomplish the work.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- College Degree required.
- One year of field experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with Procore and HH2 software preferred.
- Ability to analyze and revise internal processes to improve efficiency.
- Detail oriented.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
HP Cummings is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. HP Cummings and the Source and Recruit Companies do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.